WIDE RIMS AND TIRES
Because wide tires require sufficient space between the wheel and the bike frame, it is only possible to fit wide rims with disc brake systems. The optimal combination of tire and rim inner width allows riding wide tires at a lower tire pressure as the rim provides greater support for the tire.
Field of application:
• Ideal for Endurance and Gran Fondo bikes due to greater comfort over long distances
• Ideal for off-road gravel riding with wide tires (particularly size 650b)
• Reduced rolling resistance due to greater contact area of the tire.
• Greater stability and control due to greater contact area.
• Greater comfort due to wide tires. These can be ridden at a lower tire pressure thanks to the greater support they provide, allowing them to absorb uneven elements in the surface.
• Improved traction when cornering.
• Greater weight and reduced acceleration due to additional rim and tire material.
• Not every frame is suitable for wide rims/tires. It is worth asking the bike manufacturer the maximum tire width suitable for the frame.