EXTENDED guarantee CONDITIONS FOR CARBON WHEELS
With our Fair Share Policy, we extend the guarantee coverage for our carbon wheels beyond the legal warranty period of 24 months.
On material and workmanship defects, we offer the first owner of a carbon wheel an unlimited guarantee and replacement of the defective rim free of charge.
We cover damages resulting from riding errors with our cost-conscious and environmentally friendly Fair Share Policy. DT Swiss provides first-time owners with a 10-year guarantee period and will replace the damaged rim for a personal contribution of CHF 249 / EUR 249 / USD 249 per wheel. Exception: For the ARC 1100 DISC disc wheel there is a charge of CHF 749 / EUR 749 / USD 749.
NO REGISTRATION NECESSARY
We do not require product registration and will help you in the event of damage without complications. To make your claim as the first owner, we only need the original proof of purchase. Please contact your local dealer or a DT Swiss Service Center.
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION OF THE FAIR-SHARE POLICY
- The Fair-Share Policy applies exclusively to DT Swiss carbon wheels from model year 2020 on which were purchased after 01.01.2020.
- The wheel must have a unique product designation and clearly recognizable serial number.
- The Fair Share Policy assumes that assembly, handling and maintenance have been carried out in accordance with the user manual of the wheel. The wheel must not have been modified or used in combination with incompatible parts.
- The Fair Share Policy assumes that the wheel has been used as intended and that the maximum system weight has not been exceeded.
- Damages due to improper storage, transport damages as well as optical impairments are excluded from the Fair Share Policy.
- The Fair Share Policy does not apply to wear parts such as ball bearings, freewheel bodies, components of the freewheel system and the Tubeless Ready Tape.
- If no replacement rim is available for your carbon wheel, you will receive a new wheel according to the fair share conditions. The defective product becomes the property of DT Swiss.
- Any other or further claims of the buyer under applicable law shall remain unaffected by the Fair Share Policy.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CARBON WHEEL IS DAMAGED?
Please follow these instructions:
Contact your local dealer or a DT Swiss Service Center . In order to analyze the damage, it is mandatory to send your wheel to a DT Swiss Service Center for inspection.
Tire, cassette and brake disc must be removed for shipment and are not to be included.
The shipping costs for the return transport to you will be borne by DT Swiss. DT Swiss is not responsible for any customs duties.