650b WHEEL SIZE
Field of application:
• Ideal for racing on unpaved roads (gravel)
• Ideal for smaller bike frames with adapted geometries
• Ideal for wide, high-volume tires if there is enough space between wheel/fork and wheel/chain stay (large clearance).
• Option of lower tire pressure, which results in greater traction when cornering, accelerating and braking, improved rolling resistance on rough roads and trails as well as greater comfort.
• Also suitable for small bicycle frames where the frame dictates wheel size.
• The combination of a small wheel size and a wide tire leads to reduced acceleration and reduced response.
• Less rollover performance and rolling resistance with the same tire and tire pressure compared to 700c.
• Limited choice of road tires due to the rather rare wheel size.