• Reliable, immediate braking performance, in particular in wet conditions. Especially in combination with carbon wheels, the good braking performance gives cyclists a sense of safety.
• Option of fitting wider rims and tires which ensures greater space between the bicycle fork and the wheel (greater clearance).
• Easily controllable braking system that requires less manual force.
• No overheating of the rims due to the loss of braking power on the side of the rim itself.
• As a load-bearing component the rim is not be damaged by its mechanical wear of the rim brake.
• Minimal negative effect on aerodynamics due to the fact that the brake disc is mounted on one side only.
• Greater weight.